Re: Are brokers moving away from MT4 and MT5?

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:32 pm No, it's BEEN BANNED!
None of my people have been able to access a live broker account, let alone maybe TWO DEMO ACCOUNTS all year!!!!!!!!!
Like none of you are Americans, so I don't know why you're even commenting and expressing strong opinions.
Forex trading is WORTHLESS to Americans! You can't get anything except for maybe ones like Oanda,
ALL prop firms are TOAST for Americans and all OFF-SHORE BROKERS.
It's been this way the entire year and even before then, that's why I'm rarely on here!

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:37 pm Like none of you are Americans, so I don't know why you're even commenting and expressing strong opinions.
Forex trading is WORTHLESS to Americans! You can't get anything except for maybe ones like Oanda,
ALL prop firms are TOAST for Americans and all OFF-SHORE BROKERS.
It's been this way the entire year and even before then, that's why I'm rarely on here!
If you still want to trade forex in America, the only broker-dealer that I trust is a new kid on the block with a highly generic name--Trading.com. In America, Forex.com sucks, Oanda sucks, IG sucks, and Charles Schwab which acquired TD Ameritrade sucks. Trading.com in the UK is just another CFD dealer, but not in America. Trading.com (US) has only CFTC/NFA/FINRA mandated limits--1:50 max leverage, and FIFO (netting/no hedging). They have no crony "liquidity providers" to trade against me in-house. All trades are forwarded to the interbank market and offset by other retail trades and their own interbank hedges if necessary. They are highly transparent to the extent they would probably tell you what color underwear they're wearing if you ask. It's the only American forex broker-dealer that hasn't shit on me for being profitable. MT5 is fully supported without hacks. If you're totally jaded out of forex trading in America, please feel free to disregard this post.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

WOLF wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:27 am Futures, i hear is the least shady
Something about solid deals
take it or leave it no butchering price
Futures man.... not the cheapest to trade and accessibility isn't easy for the average joe trader. I guess that's why the trades and price movement are better in futures it pretty much weeds out the newbs by being sort of exclusive market. Can't even keep trades overnight without paying a fee etc. etc.
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post:
WOLF

WOLF wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:27 am
/youtube video pic/
boytoy wrote: Just to point out that the differences between the forwards and futures market is because futures are based on a central exchange, but there is no central exchange for Forex, so the compromise is brokers making a market based on their own flows and calling it the forwards market.

Also noted is that the US market is different to the rest of the world as the US banned CFDs but brokers got round the ban by adapting the futures and options markets. In the EU/UK etc the futures market is used by long hold traders as it's more cost efficient than using CFDs which has the overnight holding fee on open trades, while the Futures market doesn't but has a higher spread instead.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
WOLF

I live in US and we have a lot more regulations and restrictions than EU.
In 2015 I had to stop trading binaries, and I really enjoyed taking 2 and 5 minutes trades :)
I moved my trading to Nadex but their charts are very poor, so I use OANDA for a lot of years and MT4 is my favorite platform for my charts. OANDA doesn't have MT5 available and there are no rumors about MT4 EOL.
These users thanked the author Marco_Sousa for the post (total 2):
JohnnyRy, WOLF
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelou

Marco_Sousa wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:16 pm I live in US and we have a lot more regulations and restrictions than EU.
In 2015 I had to stop trading binaries, and I really enjoyed taking 2 and 5 minutes trades :)
I moved my trading to Nadex but their charts are very poor, so I use OANDA for a lot of years and MT4 is my favorite platform for my charts. OANDA doesn't have MT5 available and there are no rumors about MT4 EOL.
Nadex binary options--yerp, they suck. They were acquired by IG a few years back.

At least theoretically, currency futures and spot forex can be used, legally, to collect cross-market arbitrage in the US; and regular currency options can be used, legally, as a cross-market hedge in the US. But it generally requires a lot of capital because every winning setup has a loser built into it.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Krunal Gajjar wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:45 am I got MT4 updates in both my terminal, XM and Squared Fin...
Last was Version: 4.00 build 1417.
Yeah, Metaquotes is doing a solid job of continuing MT4 updates for existing commercial clients even though MT4 is no longer provided to new commercial clients.

For a history of MT4 updates, see https://www.metatrader4.com/en/releasenotes
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post (total 2):
Curioso, Krunal Gajjar