Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 pm Volume Reversal Hook indicator for MT4

This is the Volume Reversal Hook which was optimized by Mladen and posted some time ago but it also requires an additional file in your indicator directory for it to work so I've included all of the files below.

Please ensure both files are downloaded.
is there an mq4 of the v1 version as these are different indies?

kvak wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:32 am Hello.
Better to quote me directly, sometimes I missed post for me.
If I understand correctly, test this version with arrows/alerts on entry/exit levels.
Hello dear @kvak. PVI& NVI are considered good volume based indicators specially when used together. NVI is used to reveal the smart money's plan because it can show if an underlying bullishness or bearishness is happening. PVI is used to see when the smart money comes out of the shadows and joins the crowd. I would love to know If you or @mrtools have worked on these two indicators before. Anyway, do you think its possible to replace OBV with NVI & PVI values and make a new indicator similar to this amazing indicator or any other Obv based indicators you see fit? Many thanks in advance.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post:
RodrigoRT7
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:36 am Hello dear @kvak. PVI& NVI are considered good volume based indicators specially when used together. NVI is used to reveal the smart money's plan because it can show if an underlying bullishness or bearishness is happening. PVI is used to see when the smart money comes out of the shadows and joins the crowd. I would love to know If you or @mrtools have worked on these two indicators before. Anyway, do you think its possible to replace OBV with NVI & PVI values and make a new indicator similar to this amazing indicator or any other Obv based indicators you see fit? Many thanks in advance.
I added NVI and PVI calculation in the indicator for test....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 7):
TransparentTrader, ixion700, RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar, Skyold, alexm, Jimmy

kvak wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:36 am I added NVI and PVI calculation in the indicator for test....
In the pictures attached I tried to use 3 stacks of it to filter the signals made by mrtool's new Rsi ma. The first and the second instances are OBV and PVI, the third one is NVI. For the result, no need to a comment... If there are eyes they can see! When you have time give the average pack an update please, a BTN would also be very appreciated. My sincerest thanks for this amazing hell of an indicator.
Attachments
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:36 am In the pictures attached I tried to use 3 stacks of it to filter the signals made by mrtool's new Rsi ma. The first and the second instances are OBV and PVI, the third one is NVI. For the result, no need to a comment... If there are eyes they can see! When you have time give the average pack an update please, a BTN would also be very appreciated. My sincerest thanks for this amazing hell of an indicator.
On Balance Volume (Normalized) with PVI + NVI

.... button added...

To recap:
  • This version of the OBV also comes with PVI (Positive Volume Index) & NVI (Negative Volume Index) options
  • Is Normalized which adds levels that give the indicator boundaries for gauging Oversold and Overbought areas
  • Includes 5 OBV calculation types:
    • Original
    • Alternative 1 (using higher timeframes for smoothing version 1)
    • Alternative 2 (using higher timeframes for smoothing version 2)
    • PVI (Positive Volume Index)
    • NVI (Negative Volume Index)
What is PVI and NVI?

Positive Volume Index (PVI) is used in conjunction with the Negative Volume Index (NVI) to identify bull and bear markets.
  • Positive Volume Index is calculated based on price movements on periods with increased volume.
  • Negative Volume Index focuses on periods where the volume decreases from the previous period.
The PVI was designed to display what the "not-so-smart money" is doing; while the NVI tracks what the "smart money" is doing which means under the belief that "smart money" takes positions when volume decreases because high volume periods are consider to be driven by uninformed traders.
  • When the NVI or PVI is above its 255-period moving average this is considered a Bull Market.
  • When the NVI or PVI is below it's 255-period moving average this is considered a Bear Market.

ixion700 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:36 am In the pictures attached I tried to use 3 stacks of it to filter the signals made by mrtool's new Rsi ma. The first and the second instances are OBV and PVI, the third one is NVI. For the result, no need to a comment... If there are eyes they can see! When you have time give the average pack an update please, a BTN would also be very appreciated. My sincerest thanks for this amazing hell of an indicator.
Added pvi and nvi to the stochastic version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
josi, moey_dw, ixion700, Krunal Gajjar, Steam1, Tur005, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7, ionone

Mickey Abi wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:08 pm This volume with hull looks very good .. ..

Is there a MT4 version of the Cor Volume Indi ?
Should be pretty close to the mt5 version, since mt4 doesn't have a built-in fill had to use a histogram type fill, but still kinda close.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 10):
Mickey Abi, RodrigoRT7, kvak, talaate, Jimmy, thomdel, ixion700, ParallelNative, vvFish, ionone