Re: Stochastic indicators for MT4

TEAMTRADER wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:37 am I am baffled.
I changed the indicator code on line 5 from separate to 'chart' and obviously it did not work.
I changed it back to 'separate' and on screen the indicator now loaded and showed on screen. SUCCESS?
Then on line 24 I tried to change the colours of each level - and failed - see my comment on line 24.
Every time I have to load it to a chart I have to do the same thing and save the template. Obviously I would prefer to have the indicator loading first time without the time wasted on changing and rechanging.
Questions
a. Can this same indicator be made so it can be loaded onto all charts on screen?
b. Can the levels of this indicator be made so that the colours and widths can be changed?
I also show two illustrations of how I use the indi by drawing trap line over and under the indi itself and particularly at the extremes - first one shows entry when the indicator, NOT the price, breaks through the trapline and the second is the exit when the price hit the BB. It was a very safe 20 pts.
Obviously I can still get it to work for myself, with a lot of fiddle, but ideally others would benefit hugely.
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER
The way it was wasn't able to make it work, but maybe you can use this one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Jimmy, kvak, talaate, TEAMTRADER, Starfish, fxmoney, alexm, Krunal Gajjar, vvFish

mrtools wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 am The way it was wasn't able to make it work, but maybe you can use this one.
Great - the use of the central level (it must be a dynamic level) alone is the trading key.
Is it possible just to have the top colour as 'Yellow/width 3' and all the other colours as none please?
It fits exactly with the BB set up and under the chart indi for confirmation if required.
This one indicator simplifies everything.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
Attachments
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
Starfish

I attach a Mq4 file that was made for me many years ago and it shows trap/trendlines over and under the CCI indicator.
Is it possible to use this as a 'starter-template' to get the same trap/trendlines for the stochastics indicator?
Let me know if the CCI version is of use.
The first illustration is the CCI as it works automatically and the second illustration is my manual lines to show how the proposed indicator would work on stochatics.
Stochastic is a better indicator for this to be used on.
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER
ChuChu Rocket

TEAMTRADER wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:17 am I attach a Mq4 file that was made for me many years ago and it shows trap/trendlines over and under the CCI indicator.
Is it possible to use this as a 'starter-template' to get the same trap/trendlines for the stochastics indicator?
Let me know if the CCI version is of use.
The first illustration is the CCI as it works automatically and the second illustration is my manual lines to show how the proposed indicator would work on stochatics.
Stochastic is a better indicator for this to be used on.
Many thanks
TEAMTRADER
Found one and adapted it but not fully what is needed.
This is better than nothing.
TEAMTRADER
ChuChu Rocket