Old SSD to new computer

I just moved my old ssd with win10 installed to a new computer and it doesnt load my old windows setup. Is there any way I can get to the files I had on my desktop? My new computer detects my old ssd normal it just doesnt boot the windows. I can't acces my indicators, EA, templates etc... from mt4. How can I get my indicators and templates?

Re: Old SSD to new computer

Dego wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 am I just moved my old ssd with win10 installed to a new computer and it doesnt load my old windows setup. Is there any way I can get to the files I had on my desktop? My new computer detects my old ssd normal it just doesnt boot the windows. I can't acces my indicators, EA, templates etc... from mt4. How can I get my indicators and templates?
Hi, not quite sure what you are asking, Does your new computer have a operating system installed that it boots on start up? Or do you want to boot the win 10 from your ssd. If so you would need to go into the Bios (repeated tapping delete or F2 (usually) during start up procedure) and reassigning the ssd drive as the boot drive. Or are you just trying to retrieve files stored on the ssd? But that shouldn't be a problem.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Dego

Ogee wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 am Hi, not quite sure what you are asking, Does your new computer have a operating system installed that it boots on start up? Or do you want to boot the win 10 from your ssd. If so you would need to go into the Bios (repeated tapping delete or F2 (usually) during start up procedure) and reassigning the ssd drive as the boot drive. Or are you just trying to retrieve files stored on the ssd? But that shouldn't be a problem.
I would just like to get my indicators, templates etc. everything related to my mt4 setup.

Where do I find my files on my old SSD?

Dego wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 am I would just like to get my indicators, templates etc. everything related to my mt4 setup.

Hello Dego,

When the operating system on new computer you see the disk attached on file explorer?

If yes, you can access all data in your profile and the location is: %driveletter%\Users\%YourProfileName%\Appdata\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\%terminalid%

I think this is your question!
These users thanked the author Curioso for the post (total 4):
Dego, Jimmy, boytoy, BeatlemaniaSA

LikeRe: Old SSD to new computer

Curioso wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:05 am Hello Dego,

When the operating system on new computer you see the disk attached on file explorer?

If yes, you can access all data in your profile and the location is: %driveletter%\Users\%YourProfileName%\Appdata\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\%terminalid%

I think this is your question!
I think Curioso is our IT guy you can just tell by the way he uses nice backslash instead of forward slash for directories hehehe....
These users thanked the author boytoy for the post:
Curioso

Dego wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 am I would just like to get my indicators, templates etc. everything related to my mt4 setup.

Ok, yes the Curioso answer is what you want, select the right drive, note that you must have 'hidden items' checked in 'View' to see the AppsData folder and the last long folder name is random (yours will be different).
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Curioso