Re: R.I.P Jim Simons (Rennaissance Technologies)

WOLF wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:51 am I never understood whats so great about a hedge fund
When you can just martingale hedge to infinity with enough funds and stable market volatility
Ooh, bad retail worker bee! We are supposed to feed the queen.

NOT!🤨
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Re: R.I.P Jim Simons (Rennaissance Technologies)

Meyney wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:29 am Indeed a big loss may he rest in peace. First of all Jim Simons was a great mathematician, he was able to connect physics with math, a breakthrough. He donated big for Math. Coincidentally I was at Stony Brook last year, had some chat with math guys, I do not think his strategy was about MA crosses.
As a retail trader, I did something similar. I used an overseas biotech engineer's semi log math to code a semi log chart oscillator for MT5.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
WOLF
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002