Re: Interesting Sidelines Profit or Non-profit

Ogee wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 pm Getting addicted to graphics card repair videos I don't know why, they're just strangely hypnotic.
I know exactly why. One day you'll have an electronic device that fails, or you'll meet someone who believes they have trash which is your fixable treasure.

I recently resurrected a Lenovo Windows 11 laptop that was already refurbished once before I got it. I thought I was in for a soldering task but it actually needed plastic welding. Same tool--different material.🙂 The only thing I had to buy was a 14 USD internal keyboard mat. It's now my security monitor. Nothing feels better than turning trash into treasure.
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Re: Interesting Sidelines Profit or Non-profit

JohnnyRy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 am I know exactly why. One day you'll have an electronic device that fails, or you'll meet someone who believes they have trash which is your fixable treasure.

I recently resurrected a Lenovo Windows 11 laptop that was already refurbished once before I got it. I thought I was in for a soldering task but it actually needed plastic welding. Same tool--different material.🙂 The only thing I had to buy was a 14 USD internal keyboard mat. It's now my security monitor. Nothing feels better than turning trash into treasure.
This is correct, I will usually strip anything down to try to figure out what's wrong and if I can fix it. My desktop just blew out the motherboard with the temp sensor reaching 95 degrees before blue screening. But new upgrade MB > new ddr4 ram > and may as well upgrade the graphics card > but will also new a bigger power supply to power it all ... so ... am now sat in front of a new computer.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
vvFish, JohnnyRy